Chris Brown peacefully emerges from home after police serve warrant - CBS News


Copyright © 2016 CBS Interactive Inc.All rights reserved.

Police said the woman who made the call for help about 3 a.m. was not inside the hilltop estate in the San Fernando Valley. Ramirez did not identify the woman or elaborate on the assistance she needed. He did not know if she was injured.

Police officers responded to singer Chris Brown's home after receiving a call for assistance from a woman at approximately 3:15 A.M. local time. ...

Calls and emails seeking comments from Geragos and other representatives were not returned Tuesday.

Earlier, Brown posted several videos to social media declaring his innocence. The singer has been in repeated legal trouble since his felony conviction in the 2009 assault of his then-girlfriend, Rihanna.

Police officers surrounded the home of Chris Brown after a woman called from his home "requesting help." See video of the scene.

Los Angeles Police responded to a call at Chris Brown’s home on Tuesday, Aug. 30. 

Police Lt. Chris Ramirez said several people were escorted from the residence after a search warrant was served.       

Last Updated Aug 30, 2016 5:01 PM EDT

No arrests had been made and everyone has been cooperative, he said. 

Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos arrived at the home shortly before the warrant was served.

Chris Brown responds to assault allegations

Chris Brown emerges from his home after gun waving allegation by woman. 

See the biggest moments of the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards

LOS ANGELES -- Singer Chris Brown came out of his Los Angeles home peacefully Tuesday after an hourslong standoff with police who responded to a woman’s call for help. 

A photographic glimpse into the skyrocketing career of the Broadway and music legend

In another incident while in treatment, Brown allegedly threw a brick at his mother’s car following a counseling session. This was after Brown had completed court-ordered anger management classes.

In 2013, Brown struck a man outside a Washington hotel and was charged with misdemeanor assault. The singer was ordered into rehab but was dismissed from the facility for violating its rules. He spent two and a half months in custody, with U.S. marshals shuttling him between Los Angeles and the nation’s capital for court hearings.

In January, a Las Vegas woman alleged that Brown hit her and took her cellphone. Police investigated but did not find evidence to file charges.

After several missteps, Brown completed his probation last year in the case involving Rihanna.

“I don’t care. Y’all gonna stop playing with me like I’m the villain out here, like I’m going crazy,” Brown said in one Instagram video, waving a cigarette and looking at the camera. “When you get the warrant or whatever you need to do you’re going to walk right up in here and you’re going to see nothing. You idiots.”